Community Advisory Group (CAG)
The Community Advisory Group (CAG) will be representative of the community members with balanced membership from both Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, WA. The community advisory group will provide input and feedback on the Interstate Bridge Replacement program. The CAG will develop recommendations to help ensure the program outcomes reflect community needs, issues and concerns. CAG members and the program team will engage in an on-going community dialogue with a commitment to meaningful, two-way feedback. Two co-chairs, one representing each state, will lead the group’s diverse and inclusive membership, with balanced representation from both Washington and Oregon.
Lynn Valenter, Co-Chair
- Vice Chancellor for Finance & Operations at Washington State University Vancouver
- MBA from Washington State University and BS in Hotel Administration from Cornell University
- Board service includes Camas Civil Service, Greater Portland Inc., and the Columbia River Economic Development Council
- Honored with an Iris Award from Clark College, which celebrates women’s outstanding contributions to the community
Ed Washington, Co-Chair
- Director of Outreach & Community Engagement in Global Diversity & Inclusion for Portland State University
- BS from Portland State University
- As a boy, moved to Vanport, OR and lost his home and possessions in the 1948 flood
- Civil rights leader with a distinguished history of public service, activism and advocacy
- First African-American elected to the Metro Council, where he served from 1991-2001
Meetings & Materials
The CAG is expected to initially meet monthly for two to three hours. The first CAG meeting was held in January 2021.
To follow the states’ social distancing guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19, all ESG meetings will be hosted virtually, using Zoom, until further notice. Meetings will also be livestreamed on YouTube and offer a call-in option for participants without internet access.
Meeting materials will be posted in advance of each meeting at the links below.
Charter & Key Documents
The Community Advisory Group will develop their charter following their first meeting and orientation.
- Michelle Brewer, Vice President – Human Resources + Facilities, Zoominfo - Columbia River Economic Development Council
- Sheri Call, Executive Vice President - Washington Trucking Association
- Robert Camarillo - Oregon State Building and Construction Trades Council
- Victor Caesar - Public Transit Representative, Oregon
- Randali Desantos-Benromdhane – Community member
- Dr. Karin Edwards, President - Clark College
- Thomas W. Gentry – Community member
- Sarah Hall – Community member
- Tom Hickey - Bridgeton Neighborhood Association
- Andrew Hoan, President/CEO - Portland Business Alliance
- Dena Horton, Governmental Relations Manager - Pacific Northwest Waterways Association
- Bill Iyall, former Chairman – Cowlitz Indian Tribe
- Jana Jarvis, President / CEO - Oregon Trucking Association
- Michael Kelly, Director of Transportation - Human Services Council
- Sam Kim – Community member
- Michael Martin-Tellis - Vancouver Neighborhood Association/Neighborhood Traffic Safety Alliance
- Marcus Mundy, Executive Director - Coalition of Communities of Color
- Javier Navarro, Owner, State Farm Insurance - League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- Diana Nunez, Executive Director - Oregon Environmental Council
- Kevin Perkey, Chief Executive Officer - Workforce Southwest Washington
- Irina Phillips – Community member
- Bill Prows, Director of Business Development / Events - Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs
- Robin Jay Richardson – Community member
- Mark Riker, Executive Secretary - Washington State Building and Construction Trades Council
- Jimmy Rotharmel – Community member
- Ashton Simpson, Executive Director - Oregon Walks
- Jeffrey Temple, Director of Corporate Affairs - Fred Meyer
- Jasmine Tolbert, President – Vancouver NAACP
- Ryan Webb, Project Manager – The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
- Martha Wiley - Public transit representative WA
- Mikaela Williams – Community member
- TBD - Native American Youth and Family Center
Details about the member appointment and application process
Public input is welcomed for each Community Advisory Group meeting and can be shared via email, phone or online during the meeting:
- Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with "CAG Public Comment" in the subject line.
- Call 360-859-0494 (Washington), 503-897-9218 (Oregon), 888-503-6735 (toll-free) and state "CAG Public Comment" in your message.
- Facilitators will provide an opportunity for online participants to give input during the meeting. For online Zoom meetings, when the facilitator asks for public comments, please use the “raise hand" function to indicate that you would like to speak (learn more about how to use the "raise hand" function in Zoom).
Written or verbal comments received at least 48 hours prior to a meeting will be provided to committee members in advance of meeting. All written and verbal comments received prior to or at the meeting will be included in the meeting summary.
Once health guidelines no longer require virtual meetings, in-person meetings will be held in the Portland-Vancouver metro area and will rotate between states. All meetings will be open to the public and will include an opportunity for public input.