Community Advisory Group (CAG)
The CAG is representative of community members with balanced membership from both Oregon and Washington. The CAG provides input and makes recommendations to help ensure the program outcomes reflect community needs, issues and concerns. CAG members and the program team engage in ongoing community dialogue with a commitment to meaningful, two-way feedback. Two co-chairs, one representing each state, lead the group’s diverse and inclusive membership.
Lynn Valenter, Co-Chair
- Vice President of Finance at Reed College
- MBA from Washington State University and BS in Hotel Administration from Cornell University
- Board service includes Camas Civil Service, Greater Portland Inc., and the Columbia River Economic Development Council
- Honored with an Iris Award from Clark College, which celebrates women’s outstanding contributions to the community
Ed Washington, Co-Chair
- Director of Outreach & Community Engagement in Global Diversity & Inclusion for Portland State University
- BS from Portland State University
- As a boy, moved to Vanport, Oregon and lost his home and possessions in the 1948 flood
- Civil rights leader with a distinguished history of public service, activism and advocacy
- First African-American elected to the Metro Council, where he served from 1991-2001
Meetings & Materials
The CAG meets on the second Thursday of each month from 4:00 PM – 6:00 PM.
To follow the states’ social distancing guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19, all CAG meetings will be hosted virtually, using Zoom, until further notice. Meetings will also be livestreamed on YouTube and offer a call-in option for participants without internet access.
Meeting materials will be posted in advance of each meeting at the links below.
Charter & Key Documents
- Andrew Hoan, President/CEO - Portland Business Alliance
- Ashton Simpson, Executive Director - Oregon Walks
- Bill Prows, Director of Business Development / Events - Oregon Association of Minority Entrepreneurs
- Darcy Hoffman, Workforce Southwest Washington
- Dena Horton, Governmental Relations Manager - Pacific Northwest Waterways Association
- Irina Phillips, Community member
- Jana Jarvis, President / CEO - Oregon Trucking Association
- Jasmine Tolbert, President – Vancouver NAACP
- Javier Navarro, Owner, State Farm Insurance - League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC)
- Jeffery Temple, Director of Corporate Affairs - Fred Meyer
- Julie Doumbia, Community member
- Dr. Karin Edwards, President - Clark College
- Marcus Mundy, Executive Director - Coalition of Communities of Color
- Mark Riker, Executive Secretary - Washington State Building and Construction Trades Council
- Martha Wiley, Public transit representative - Washington
- Michael Kelly, Director of Transportation - Human Services Council
- Michael Martin-Tellis - Vancouver Neighborhood Association/Neighborhood Traffic Safety Alliance
- Michelle Brewer, Vice President, Human Resources + Facilities, Zoominfo - Columbia River Economic Development Council
- Mikaela Williams, Community member
- Randali Desantos-Benromdhane, Community member
- Robert Camarillo, Oregon State Building and Construction Trades Council
- Robin Jay Richardson, Community member
- Ryan Webb, Project Manager, The Confederated Tribes of Grand Ronde
- Sam Kim, Community member
- Sheri Call, Executive Vice President - Washington Trucking Association
- Tom Hickey, Bridgeton Neighborhood Association
- Victor Caesar, Public Transit Representative - Oregon
- Whitney Mosback, Tribal Council Representative - Cowlitz Indian Tribe
Public input is welcomed for each CAG meeting and can be shared by joining the Zoom Meeting during the designated time, with the option to turn on your web camera. Commenters will not be allowed to share their screens and will be removed from the room once the public comment period concludes.
To comment via Zoom, please use this link: https://ibr.news/CAGMeeting.
To comment by phone:
- Dial: +1 669 900 6833 or +1 408 638 0968
- Enter meeting ID: 993 5459 6043, passcode: 674942
- Dial *9 to raise your hand
- After you are invited to speak, dial *6 to unmute yourself
To submit a comment after the meeting:
- Fill out the comment form or email your comments to email@example.com with “CAG Public Comment” in the subject line.
- Call 360-859-0494(Washington), 503-897-9218(Oregon), or 888-503-6735(toll-free) and state "CAG Public Comment" in your message.
- Written comments need to explicitly say “CAG Public Comment” in the subject line or in the body of the message for them to be identified and distributed to CAG members.
- All written comments must be received prior to 48 hours in advance of each upcoming meeting in order to be distributed to CAG members. Comments received after that point will be distributed to members in advance of their next meeting.
Meetings will be hosted online and streamed live on our YouTube channel.
For those without internet access, please call 360-859-0494 (Washington), 503-897-9218 (Oregon), 888-503-6735 (toll-free) and state "Public Meeting Comment" in your message.
All meetings will be open to the public and will include an opportunity for public input.