Equity Advisory Group (EAG)
The EAG helps ensure that the Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) program remains centered on equity. The group makes recommendations to IBR program leadership regarding processes, policies and decisions that have the potential to affect equity priority communities.
Meetings & Materials
The EAG meets on the third Monday of each month from 5:30PM -7:30 PM.
To follow the states’ social distancing guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19, all EAG meetings will be hosted virtually, using Zoom, until further notice. Meetings will also be live streamed on YouTube and offer a call-in option for participants without internet access.
Meeting materials will be posted in advance of each meeting at the links below.
The EAG has developed an Equity Framework Report outlining the program’s approach and the resources it will use to advance equity. The Framework includes the program’s Equity Definition and Principles, Equity Objectives, Measures of Success and a Toolbox to assist in putting the Framework into action. Elements of the Framework are already being implemented within the IBR program while the document itself is being refined.
- Alicia Sojourner - City of Vancouver
- Hai That Ho Ton - Community member
- John Gardner - TriMet
- Jonathan Eder - Port of Vancouver USA
- Karyn Kameroff - Community member
- Lee Helfend - Community member
- Albert Lee - NAACP Portland
- Mark Harrington - SW Washington Regional Transportation Council
- Masha Egorenko, IRCO Slavic & Eastern European Center
- Matt Serres - Disability Rights Oregon
- Matthew Hines - Community member
- Megan Marie Johnson - Community member
- Monica Tellez-Fowler - C-TRAN
- Nikotris Perkins - Oregon Department of Transportation
- Obie Ford III - WSU-Vancouver
- Pat Daniels - Constructing Hope
- Sebrina Owens-Wilson - Metro
- Shane Valle, Portland Bureau of Transportation
- Shona Carter - Community Foundation of SW Washington
Public input is welcomed for each EAG meeting and can be shared by joining the Zoom Meeting during the designated time, with the option to turn your web camera. Commenters will not be allowed to share their screens and will be removed from the room once the public comment period concludes.
To comment via Zoom, please use this link: https://ibr.news/EAGMeeting
To comment by phone:
- Dial: 669-900-6833
- Meeting ID: 986 0940 5983 Passcode: 701376
- Dial *9 to raise your hand; After you are invited to speak, dial *6 to unmute yourself.
To submit comment after the meeting:
- Fill out the comment form or email your comments to email@example.com with “EAG Public Comment” in the subject line.
- Call 360-859-0494 (Washington), 503-897-9218 (Oregon), or 888-503-6735 (toll-free) and state "EAG Public Comment" in your message.
- Written comments need to explicitly say “EAG Public Comment” in the subject line or in the body of the message for them to be identified and distributed to EAG members.
- All written comments must be received prior to 48 hours in advance of each upcoming meeting in order to be distributed to advisory group members. Comments received after that point will be distributed to members in advance of their next meeting.
Once health guidelines no longer require virtual meetings, in-person meetings will be held in the Portland-Vancouver metro area and will rotate between states. All meetings will be open to the public and will include an opportunity for public input.