Equity Advisory Group (EAG)
The EAG helps ensure that the Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) program remains centered on equity. The group makes recommendations to IBR program leadership regarding processes, policies and decisions that have the potential to affect equity priority communities.
Meetings & Materials
The EAG meets on the third Monday of each month from 5:30PM -7:30 PM. At this time, all meetings are held virtually and can be viewed by members of the public via the Interstate Bridge Replacement Program YouTube channel.
To follow the states’ social distancing guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19, all EAG meetings will be hosted virtually, using Zoom, until further notice. Meetings will also be live streamed on YouTube and offer a call-in option for participants without internet access.
The EAG has developed a draft Equity Framework outlining the program’s approach and the resources it will use to advance equity. The Framework includes the program’s Equity Definition and Principles, Equity Objectives, Measures of Success, and a Toolbox to assist in putting the Framework into action. Elements of the Framework are already being implemented within the IBR program while the document itself is being refined.
- Nina Jones - Washington State Department of Transportation
- Shona Carter - Community Foundation of SW Washington
- Lily Copenagle - NAACP Portland
- Pat Daniels - Constructing Hope
- Jonathan Eder - Port of Vancouver USA
- Obie Ford III, WSU-Vancouver
- Masha Egorenko, IRCO Slavic & Eastern European Center
- John Gardner - TriMet
- Mark Harrington - SW Washington Regional Transportation Council
- Lee Helfend - Community member
- Matthew Hines - Community member
- Megan Marie Johnson - Community member
- Sydney Johnson -Fourth Plain Forward
- Karyn Kameroff - Community member
- Fernando Martinez - Northwest Mountain Minority Supplier Development Council
- Ana Munoz - Latino Network
- Dr. Steve Nakana - Port of Portland
- Sebrina Owens-Wilson - Metro
- Nikotris Perkins - Oregon Department of Transportation
- Caitlin Francis Reff - Portland Bureau of Transportation
- Matt Serres - Disability Rights Oregon
- Alicia Sojourner - City of Vancouver
- Monica Tellez-Fowler - C-TRAN
- Hai That Ho Ton - Community member
Public input is welcomed for each EAG meeting and can be shared via email, phone or online during the meeting:
- Email comments to firstname.lastname@example.org with "EAG Public Comment" in the subject line.
- Call 360-859-0494 (Washington), 503-897-9218 (Oregon), 888-503-6735 (toll-free) and state "EAG Public Comment" in your message.
- Facilitators will provide an opportunity for online participants to give input during the meeting. For online Zoom meetings, when the facilitator asks for public comments, please use the “raise hand" function to indicate that you would like to speak (learn more about how to use the "raise hand" function in Zoom).
Written or verbal comments received at least 48 hours prior to a meeting will be provided to committee members in advance of meeting. Comments received prior to and during the meeting will be posted to the meeting page.
Once health guidelines no longer require virtual meetings, in-person meetings will be held in the Portland-Vancouver metro area and will rotate between states. All meetings will be open to the public and will include an opportunity for public input.