Equity Advisory Group (EAG)
The Equity Advisory Group (EAG) will help ensure that the Interstate Bridge Replacement (IBR) program remains centered on equity. The group will make recommendations to IBR program leadership regarding processes, policies and decisions that have the potential to affect historically underrepresented and underserved communities.
Meetings & Materials
The EAG is expected to initially meet monthly for two to three hours. The first EAG meeting is to be held in January 2021.
To follow the states’ social distancing guidelines for slowing the spread of COVID-19, all EAG meetings will be hosted virtually, using Zoom, until further notice. Meetings will also be lives treamed on YouTube and offer a call-in option for participants without internet access.
Meeting materials will be posted in advance of each meeting at the links below.
Charter & Key Documents
The Equity Advisory Group is beginning to develop their charter and anticipates adopting their charter in February / March 2021
- Shona Carter - Community Foundation of SW Washington
- Lily Copenagle - NAACP Portland
- Pat Daniels - Constructing Hope
- Jonathan Eder - Port of Vancouver
- Bobby Forch - Washington State Department of Transportation
- John Gardner - TriMet
- Mark Harrington - SW Washington Regional Transportation Council
- Lee Helfend - Community member
- Matthew Hines - Community member
- Megan Marie Johnson - Community member
- Sydney Johnson -Fourth Plain Forward
- Karyn Kameroff - Community member
- Rebecca Kennedy (temporary) - City of Vancouver
- Fernando Martinez - Northwest Mountain Minority Supplier Development Council
- Ana Munoz (temporary) - Latino Network
- Steve Nakana - Port of Portland
- Sebrina Owens-Wilson - Metro
- Nikotris Perkins - Oregon Department of Transportation
- Caitlin Francis Reff - Portland Bureau of Transportation
- Matt Serres - Disability Rights Oregon
- Monica Tellez-Fowler - C-Tran
- Hai That Ho Ton - Community member
- Elona Wilson - Coalition of Communities of Color
Membership is still in development, this list will be updated as additional members are confirmed.
Public input is welcomed for each Equity Advisory Group meeting and can be shared via email, phone or online during the meeting:
- Email comments to email@example.com with "EAG Public Comment" in the subject line.
- Call 360-859-0494 (Washington), 503-897-9218 (Oregon), 888-503-6735 (toll-free) and state "EAG Public Comment" in your message.
- Facilitators will provide an opportunity for online participants to give input during the meeting. For online Zoom meetings, when the facilitator asks for public comments, please use the “raise hand" function to indicate that you would like to speak (learn more about how to use the "raise hand" function in Zoom).
Written or verbal comments received at least 48 hours prior to a meeting will be provided to committee members in advance of meeting. All written and verbal comments received prior to or at the meeting will be included in the meeting summary.
Once health guidelines no longer require virtual meetings, in-person meetings will be held in the Portland-Vancouver metro area and will rotate between states. All meetings will be open to the public and will include an opportunity for public input.